Welcome to the HMS Immunology Flow Cytometry Core Facility
The LSR-II and Symphony instruments are available for analysis, for HMS investigators previously approved to use these instruments. When booking, please indicate your lab and Department. Please book here
The Aria 594 is available for self-sorting for previously trained and certified HMS users. Please book here
Operator-assisted sorting (MoFlo Astrios and Aria 561) is available Monday-Thursday and every other Saturday*. Please book here
*For Saturday operator-assisted sorting, please ALSO contact Jeff Nelson at the address below at the time of booking.
For all questions and Saturday sorting, contact Jeffery_Nelson@hms,harvard.edu
The Department of Immunology’s Flow Cytometry Facility provides flow cytometric analysis and cell sorting services to HMS investigators. It also hopes to soon welcome back users from affiliated institutions as well as commercial/biotech labs.
The facility currently operates:
(1) LSR-II analyzer (3-laser, 12-detector) with a high throughput sampler for multiparameter flow analysis
(2) FACS-Symphony (5 laser, 30 detector) with a high throughput sampler for high parameter analysis
(3) 2 FACSAria cell sorters for high-speed cell sorting, equipped with 4 and 5 laser systems for sorting in tubes or plates, and 4-way sorting
(4) MoFlo Astrios EQ cell sorter for high-speed cell sorting, equipped with 6 lasers (405, 488, 532, 561, 592, and 640nm) and 28 detectors is housed in a biosafety cabinet and is capable of 6-way sorting
(5) Cytek Aurora Spectral Cytometer
Facility staff advise and train investigators in the applications of flow cytometry, use of the instruments, and help with study design and choice of fluorochrome combinations. Sorting is primarily staff run with the possibility of “self-operation” (for highly trained and experienced users). The analyzers are operated directly by the investigators, after training and certification by facility staff.